Journeys of a Pregnant Virgin

Sunday, June 05, 2005

 

Body

Is it really Sunday again, already? The past week has flown by more quickly than any previous ones, it seems, and in less than 48 hours Steve will once again be over the Atlantic, halfway home to Vancouver. And we will have another separation of more than five weeks. It has felt a little like a honeymoon being together here for these two weeks. We both have so much to get done in the next month or so that the time will continue to go quickly, but we will miss each other.

This afternoon we took a little cruise around the lake and enjoyed our coffee on the upper deck as we passed by all the picturesque and affluent little towns on the shore of Zurichsee. We cruised right by the C. G. Jung Institute in Kusnacht and I thought again how lovely it would be if ISAP were to reclaim it as the base of our training program (it's not impossible) with its beautiful garden and Festsaal lecture room right on the lake. It was a little cloudy and there was not much sunshine but relaxing nonetheless. Tonight we are going to have an Indian dinner not far from here and then there's only tomorrow left. I have to make a brief presentation in a morning seminar and Steve will again attend with me.

It is well past the halfway point of my time here now. In less than six weeks I'll be back in Vancouver and start my Summer Intensive teaching, both of which I look forward to with relish. Meanwhile, I have preparatory work to do for the Body Soul Writing course in France, and another presentation to prepare for a seminar here. (And of course there is Paris - don't forget Paris...)

On Friday there was a very interesting six hour experiential seminar focusing on body work, with Cedrus Monte, whom I met during her lecture for the Vancouver Jung Society a couple of years ago. It was so good to be working in that way again and it made me realize how much I miss the Body Soul Rhythms - because this comes closer to that way of working with the body than anything else I've experienced. I loved it, and felt a deeper kinship with the others in the group (six women and one man) than I have felt in any other seminar. I wish we could have a day like that every week and told Cedrus so. I know that my body, my entire experience is different when my body is fluid with movement rather than sitting in a chair for hours, my poor brain trying so hard to take everything in while my body and emotions protest at the forced stillness and rigidity. Unfortunately there is still not enough general interest and the Intensive seminar - "Body Awareness in Analytic Process" - that I was eagerly looking forward to next weekend has been cancelled due to low enrolment. And yet there is excited anticipation of Marion Woodman's visit at the end of the month - so perhaps her exploration of the integral relationship of psyche and soma will inspire some interest.

I feel these paragraphs are somehow "dry" but I will post them anyway and perhaps write something a little juicier another time! Steve is hungry and we are off to the Taj Palace for some good curry!





<< Home

Archives

April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   April 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   May 2007   June 2007   January 2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?