Journeys of a Pregnant Virgin

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

 

Beloveds

Just a few lines tonight because I have to be up at 4:45 in the morning to catch the train to Leipzig. David and Jana and the little ones, Jonas and Hanna, will meet me at the train station and we'll all carry on to the airport to welcome Steve. I am so happy anticipating the reunion with my outer Beloved.

What a wonderful time in Geneva with Susan and her dear husband, Pierre Yves. At the end of the twenty hours we had together my head was swimming with inspiration and stimulation and the exuberance of reviving a friendship conducted only by email over the five year interval. Not quite true - we'd held each other in our hearts, to be sure, but nothing compares with face to face bodily presence with each other. There is so much to say but I can't say it now - only that my necklace of beads is growing.

Today, another day of browsing and reading my way through the Kusnacht Institute Library. I found some splendid material, then left with a stiff neck and shoulders, just short of a headache! I'm not accustomed to four hour reading marathons anymore.

Perhaps it was inevitable that, sooner or later, I would quote something from the work of Jung himself. I came across this quote in a book called THE JEWEL IN THE WOUND, the other day, and have been pondering its significance, as well as its appeal, for me. (I'm sure Jung will forgive my translation into the feminine.)

"The state of imperfect transformation, merely hoped for and waited for, does not seem to be one of torment only, but of positive, if hidden, happiness. It is the state of someone who, in [her] wanderings among the mazes of her psychic transformation, comes upon a secret happiness which reconciles her to her apparent loneliness. In communing with herself she finds not deadly boredom and melancholy but an inner partner; more than that, a relationship that seems like the happiness of a secret love, or like a hidden springtime, when the green seed sprouts from the barren earth, holding out the promise of future harvests." (Jung, CW 14, par. 623)

What a lovely thought - to find the partner within who loves us and nurtures the tender seeds of our potential into growth. The inner Beloved, indeed.





<< Home

Archives

April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   April 2006   November 2006   December 2006   January 2007   February 2007   May 2007   June 2007   January 2008  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?